** Effective immediately: There is an update in protocols and the lifting of restrictions. Please review the document below.**
Memos from the Bishop of Victoria
Please take a moment to read the most recent update in protocols and memo from the Bishop of Victoria: General Directives for April 6, 2022
Updates: memo on easing of restrictions
The key changes are summarized here:
· Capacity limits on attendance at worship services or other gatherings in church buildings are no longer required. It is highly recommended that parishes continue to encourage physical distancing.
· The use of face coverings is now optional in church buildings. However, the continued use of face coverings is highly recommended as a prudent and wise choice to ensure the safety of all. This is especially true during higher-risk situations such as while singing or while distributing Communion.
For the Bishop of Victoria's December Live Stream Mass schedule click here
Holy Cross Catholic Parish
Located near the campus of the University of Victoria, Holy Cross Catholic Parish is part of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Victoria and serves the needs of some 350 parish families in the area as well as the needs of the student population of the both UVic and Camosun College.
Holy Cross is always welcoming to new members and visitors. Please come visit us for Mass and on Sunday mornings stay for social time afterwards. All are welcome.
We acknowledge and respect the lək̓ʷəŋən peoples on whose traditional territory Holy Cross Church stands, and the Songhees, Esquimalt and W̱SÁNEĆ peoples whose historical relationships with the land continue to this day.
Holy Cross Parish strives to be a welcoming, dynamic, vibrant, inclusive Catholic community that gathers in unity and reaches out to attend to the needs of others.
Rooted in the community of Gordon Head and the University, in communion with the Roman Catholic Church, Holy Cross Parish serves the people of God by sharing, teaching and living the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Core Beliefs/Values Statement(s)
The people of Holy Cross Parish believe it is important:
- to welcome all who come through its’ doors.
- to socially engage the people of the parish
- to serve the parish and broader community
Why Liturgy Matters
Follow the link to read the first of a four part hand out regarding the importance of liturgy and the different aspects liturgy in our faith.